[simpits-tech] quadrant update...

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu May 27 07:05:55 PDT 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010, Gene Buckle wrote:

> Actually the 99/4A hit the street in June of 1981 which actually beat the
> C-64 to market.  As soon as the '64 showed up it was all over but the
> cryin' for the TI. :)

I guess the TI made a late appearance here in the UK.

> This means that I'll be able to finish off the third projector on
> Saturday!  I'm really looking forward to that.  After I've got that
> finished I'm going to start creating legs for the screen segments.  I
> still need to decide how I'm going to build the feet - they need to have
> adjusters on them because of the poor pour quality of my shop floor.  I'll
> probably go the simple route and use 1/4-20 bolts in to t-nuts for that.

Oh arse. I've got a huge box here full of adjustable feet with 8mm
threads that I swiped from an old 'false floor' computer room.

> The firmware takes up less than 3k of the available 30k space on the AVR
> so there is plenty of room for making the board do more - especially since
> I've included pins for an I2C interface on the board itself.  There's an
> I2C interface library for Arduino that makes that easy to use.

I wish I could remember half of what I've forgotten about electronics.
There's so much I'd like to do with the stuff now.

Can't wait to see the whole projection system set up. That is gonna be so
impressive. what you need now is a carousel to load your cockpit of choice
into the "arena"   ;-)

--

Roy Coates.