[simpits-tech] 64 channel input project...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Jul 28 14:41:47 PDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Sean Galbraith wrote:

> That's pretty cool, adds another great option for input control!
> All I need now is a similar "output" board, and I'm in sim builder
> heaven :)  There are a couple of products out there, but they are
> expensive (to a tight-arse like me)... Speaking of which, how's the
> Gazoutta16 going? ;-)

The firmware is complete, but I've been having problems with my demo
program - Apparently sending simple 8 bit ascii characters is now a Stone
Bitch(tm) under .Net.

For example,
Serial.Write(System.Text.UTF8Encoding.Default.GetBytes(variable))

If "variable" is set to any value over 127, the AVR sees "63".

I'm going to try a quick & dirty test in VB6 tonight to make sure once and
for all that there's no bit truncation going on in the AVR.  I know that
the MSCOMM32 dll doesn't try any of this unicode/multi-byte character
bullshit that appears to be all the rage these days.

The good news is that it works at 250kbits/sec flawlessly.