[simpits-tech] Got it hooked up!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Jan 11 07:06:33 PST 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Rick Davis wrote:
>> A bit chilly in your neck of the woods right now isn't it?  I'm giving up
>> on feeding my Propane heater.  As soon as the tax refund shows up I'm
>> investing in a Pellet Stove that I can afford to feed.
>>
>> g.
>>

> We've had a pellet stove for about 8 years now Gene. Heat the whole house
> with it. Rotten thing is that when we bought it pellets were about 2.50 a
> bag (40lb) so it was a good cost alternative. I just had a ton delivered
> before Christmas and they are now a staggering 6.00 a bag. (by the friggin
> ton!) Up here they're made out of sawdust, but I think down your way they
> use peanut shells or corn. Great rig though unless the power goes out, at
> which point you will need back-up power or a genny. 72F inside, 24F outside.
> Burning about a bag and a half a day in weather like this.

Locally I've seen it $4.29/bag and the local Ace Hardware is selling it
for $199/ton.  Since I don't use the shop on a daily basis it will be a
lot cheaper to heat with this stuff over the long run.  I don't have to
worry about the power being out because if the power is out, there's NO
light in the shop. No windows. :)