[simpits-tech] Got it hooked up!

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 11 06:49:38 PST 2010

> A bit chilly in your neck of the woods right now isn't it?  I'm giving up
> on feeding my Propane heater.  As soon as the tax refund shows up I'm
> investing in a Pellet Stove that I can afford to feed.
>
> g.

We've had a pellet stove for about 8 years now Gene. Heat the whole house
with it. Rotten thing is that when we bought it pellets were about 2.50 a
bag (40lb) so it was a good cost alternative. I just had a ton delivered
before Christmas and they are now a staggering 6.00 a bag. (by the friggin
ton!) Up here they're made out of sawdust, but I think down your way they
use peanut shells or corn. Great rig though unless the power goes out, at
which point you will need back-up power or a genny. 72F inside, 24F outside.
Burning about a bag and a half a day in weather like this.