[simpits-tech] a simple seat design...

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:31:28 PDT 2009

Bill wrote

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:

> Here are the files for a simple seat I've been working on:
>
> The "large" seat:
> http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/seat/seat1.jpg
> http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/seat/seat_side_view.jpg
>
> The "short" seat:
>
> http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/seat/clipped_seat.jpg
>
> The short seat can be built from a half sheet of 3/4" plywood.  This is
> what the part layout looks like:
>
> http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/seat/short_seat_layout.jpg
>
> The plans are in DXF format and can be had here:
>
> http://www.geneb.org/pitkit/simple_seats.dxf
>
> The DXF file has the drawings for both seats as well as the cushion back
> pattern.
>
> g.
>

>                       If you want to buy one and not build one there is
J,C, Whitney in Chicago
they sell all kinds of unusual stuff for cars can't remember the name its a
long since I have received
its mail order catalouge. They sell racing seats out of fiberglass all
styles and they also sell the covers
for them . That is what I am using. Now mine was designed for a race car but
they would work for this
easily. The foamed covers slide on and snap around the edges. They have a
flat bottom which makes
it easy to build a base for mine has a heavy bar stool swivel for easy in
and out access. I don't know
the cost anymore but I would guess maybe $150 + cover is maybe $75  just a
nother option.

Regards

Bill

PS Just saw a black simulated leather seat for $100 at JC Whitney having
their catalouge is a good idea
       anyway I believe it is free .There is more I just saw a deal for 3
point harnesses for $75 they look similar
to aircraft type have fun I am ordering my catalouge noow!