[simpits-tech] High performance motion sim development kit launched...

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:47:57 PDT 2009

Bill wrote

What this is ,is a adaptation of Acesim.com basic 2 degree of motion
simulator .I have not read it but by looking at it,it appears to be the
original idea that I bought the plans for and built out of PVC highly
updated
NOT a authentic professional 3 degree of motion platform. While real ones
might not be in form you can buy a professional 3 degree of motion simulator
ready to install you cockpit on it for $30,000 .For a long time before the
recession I was a serious buyer so I looked at many  companies that built
small commercial simulators..

Several builders including innovation simulator had the idea to build an
individual personal small foot print platform capable of holding 400 pounds
Maximum including the sim&the pilots weight  for $5,000 .I have a feeling
that once the economy turns around if it ever does we will again see an
individual simulator hit the streets for $10,000 maybe less. I saw a picture
and a movie of an individual cockpit basically
it was a Cessna 172 a section about 5 feet long duplicated in Fiberglass.
What I saw and what I was willing to buy was a chair sim full 3 degree of
motion not 6 degree for $4995 with no cockpit. Frankly at that time
it would not work for me as I weighed 280 pounds. Now at 189 pounds I would
have bought it in a new york minute.If you can wait a couple of years I am
sure they will come to market w/Asian parts under $5000
There is a movie floating around on "you tube" probably because it 6-7 years
ago from I think Cal Poly Pomona California that showed it as a tub (like in
bathtub)and student were trying it out.that one had major
movement much more than this one because this is limited by the frame where
that one was built by a company that builds simulators up to 1/2 million
dollars . As you read you'll guess I don't have much of opinion of it. Try
and get in it I did almost broke my shoulder had a bruised shoulder for a
long time. Those longitudinal bars restrict the actual limitation of   the
aileron movement unlike a real one where there is no
limitation in theory.If you can find that movie it blow you away its almost
like being on one of them giant rollycoasters  . The one in the Move could
handle an F-16,15,14  an aerobatic aircraft .

regards

Bill