[simpits-tech] Interesting news on the EECH front

Timothy James Boldt timothyboldt at comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 05:56:15 PDT 2009

The idea sounds cool!!

Although, as someone who HAS a pit designed around EECH, let me say that
the data exported using CommServer allows for MFD data and warning light
status' to be exported. This lets you use a 2nd monitor for the MFDs and
lets you design UDPSpeed type overlays of the warning lights.
Or, hopefully port the data into SIOC and trigger the lights with an
OpenCockpits boards. (Which is what I'm trying to do with it.)

What EECH doesn't export (and what would be needed for this to work) is
the ability to display multiple views at one time.....Sadly, this is not
possible.

Tim