[simpits-tech] Electronics question

Jeroen Huijben jeroen_huijben at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 08:12:41 PDT 2009

I am wondering if this will work.

I have a voltage divider of two resistors, set to put 2.5V at the output X when 5V is set over it.

I want to use a logic chip (74HC74 dual Dtype flipflop) to pull the output to 0V or 5V, depending on how a rotary encoder turns.

I have found how to turn the signal of the rotry into a high on either of two outputs of the flipflop.

Now I want to use two transistors to short out either of the resistors so that the output X is connected to either side of the divider.

http://i40.tinypic.com/jajuag.gif

A and B will go straight to the chip with only a diode in between.

Will this work?

Can I use any regular transistor?

Regards,

Jeroen.