[simpits-tech] landing gear indicator delay curcuit

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Wed Mar 4 02:08:15 PST 2009

At 05:58 a.m. 3/03/2009, you wrote:
>I have a sim that uses 20v DC for the landing gear indicators,  one
>that is going to use 28v DC,  and one sim that uses 5c DC.
>
>I think it would be very simple to create a resistor and capacitor
>timing circuit to make the gear lights/indicators to delay before
>they come on and to slightly stagger them in timing.
>
>I have no idea what capacitor to try for each voltage that I am
>dealing with. Any suggestions?
>
>On the software side in FS9 I use FSUIPC to give separate commands
>for gear up and down so that the gear handle never gets out of
>sequence. Then I run a seperate circuit through the switch to toggle
>the simulator's landing gear indicator on or off.
>
>Having a delay for the gear indicators so that they turn on when the
>gears sound finishes would be a nice touch.

Gidday Justin,

Have you thought about modifying the gear timings in the aircraft.cfg
file?  There are separate entries for each gear, and that is what
your indicators will display (from FSUIPC).  I did the same thing for
a 737 sim, just so the left and right gear lights didn't come on at
exactly the same time.  There are two settings, one for retract and
another extend, so you can tailor the effect quite nicely :)

SeanG