[simpits-tech] landing gear indicator delay curcuit

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 08:58:12 PST 2009

I have a sim that uses 20v DC for the landing gear indicators,  one that is going to use 28v DC,  and one sim that uses 5c DC.

I think it would be very simple to create a resistor and capacitor timing circuit to make the gear lights/indicators to delay before they come on and to slightly stagger them in timing.

I have no idea what capacitor to try for each voltage that I am dealing with. Any suggestions?

On the software side in FS9 I use FSUIPC to give separate commands for gear up and down so that the gear handle never gets out of sequence. Then I run a seperate circuit through the switch to toggle the simulator's landing gear indicator on or off.

Having a delay for the gear indicators so that they turn on when the gears sound finishes would be a nice touch.

Thanks,
Justin