[simpits-tech] Biting the bullet - X-52 Pro

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Sat Jun 20 03:29:48 PDT 2009

So, I'm still using an X-36... Gameport version,
even. I know, talk about stone-age! I'm honestly
pretty sure I got this stick in high school (I'm 3
years out of college now, with a 5 year degree, so
that makes it at LEAST 8 years old...)

Truth be told, the stick still works GREAT (talk
about a fan for life... Saitek is awesome stuff!) But
the driver support.... well the stick is so old that
Saitek didn't worry about coming out with XP drivers
because it was already "too old" THEN. So now the
only option is a single private developer, who truth
be told has done a great job, but the latest versions
of the driver don't work for me, and since mine is an
apparently isolated case, he seems to not be
concerned with my problems... fair enough, no hard
feelings, he's only one man, and I'm only one
complaint...

Anywho, I've done some looking around, and I'm
getting myself an X-52 Pro. I can't wait. :) Anyone
here have experiences with the stick, things to watch
out for?

The best part... I even have my wife's blessing for
my new bit of shiny! It's like Christmas morning! :)

Brian