[simpits-tech] No LeoBodnar? Try Hagstrom.

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:00:45 PDT 2009

Bill wrote

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Roy Coates <roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk> wrote:

> For anyone (like me) who is up the creek now that Leo's site seems to have
> vanished, take a look at Hagstrom's KEAD6 product.
>
> http://www.hagstromelectronics.com/products/kead6.html
>
> I've got one here - not had time to install/test it yet though.
>
> Roy.
>
> --
>
> Roy Coates.
> Dept of Engineering.
> Liverpool University.
> E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk
> Tel: 0151 794 4862

> Lord, If I must have an instrument failure, please let it be the Hobbs
> meter.

Guys we have it running no issues but what the issue with Bognars board
in the beginning the upgrade 386 kept dropping its configuration. That
however took
care of itself when we got the Tripleheadtogo to run at full ,max resolution
of
1680x1050 on my 3 24 inch LCD With DVI full connectors no 9 pin stuff.

   Now I need some help too .I am trying to run a professional planner and
moving
map from Seattle Avionics. I need a GPS that is software driven to convince
X-plane
that the aircraft is not over my house . I have one on order but Seattle
Avionics claims
it runs on an NMEA 0183 interface anyone heard of a plug-in to adapt to that
interface
in X-plane ?

The company is  www.seattleavionics.com  their base product makes X-planes
moving
map look like it's from the Neanthrathals !

Regards

Bill Segal