[simpits-tech] LVDT's Anyone ? (New Projects)

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:34:23 PDT 2009

Bill wrote

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Roy Coates <roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Rick Davis wrote:
>
> > Well Mr. Coates,
> > I certainly found your Co"G" spot! (sorry)
>
> le groan...
>

> > That was a wonderful breif on the workings of that bird. Thank you. You
> > should post that to Wikki. I guess what I heard was right (although
> lacking
> > the detail)
>
> Heh. Where do you think I found all that info !?
>

> > Concorde was an incredible machine no doubt. I was also told it had 6
> > computers, could fly on two, but if two went down it would just find the
> > closest place to land in it's limited list of available airports.  I
> don't
> > think the Pilots really had a lot of control over this aircraft. If there
> > were no computers for example, you are dead. It wont fly that way except
> > tumbling straight down. Basically an upper atmosphere missile with wings.
> > The prep time to get this thing in the air is reported to be huge. I have
> > seen pictures looking forward to the cabin. The station on the right is
> the
> > fuel transfer module??? Looks like the bloody Space Shuttle! Maybe more
> room
> > in the Space Shuttle.
>
> I'm not a concord fan at all. I had a rummage around the one on display at
> Manchester and really don't know what all the fuss is about. Then again,
> certainly in the aviation heritage world, concord has been rammed down
> your throat for far too long.  I much prefer the old 1950's birds myself.
>

> --Wait a minute if the Concorde was such a great friggin plane then ONE
>  word on

this  THIS was fantastic airplane the XB-70 faster,higher,farther up in the
air
LOOK ! it's super bird a stRange visitor from another PLANET  for truth
,justice and the AMERICAN WAY

BILLY

SORRY GUYS I guess I'M starting to smell the 4th when we chased all you
blokes outa here but we've
come to LOVEYA