[simpits-tech] LVDT's Anyone ? (New Projects)

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Thu Jul 2 05:31:05 PDT 2009

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Rick Davis wrote:

> Well Mr. Coates,
> I certainly found your Co"G" spot! (sorry)

le groan...

> That was a wonderful breif on the workings of that bird. Thank you. You
> should post that to Wikki. I guess what I heard was right (although lacking
> the detail)

Heh. Where do you think I found all that info !?

> Concorde was an incredible machine no doubt. I was also told it had 6
> computers, could fly on two, but if two went down it would just find the
> closest place to land in it's limited list of available airports.  I don't
> think the Pilots really had a lot of control over this aircraft. If there
> were no computers for example, you are dead. It wont fly that way except
> tumbling straight down. Basically an upper atmosphere missile with wings.
> The prep time to get this thing in the air is reported to be huge. I have
> seen pictures looking forward to the cabin. The station on the right is the
> fuel transfer module??? Looks like the bloody Space Shuttle! Maybe more room
> in the Space Shuttle.

I'm not a concord fan at all. I had a rummage around the one on display at
Manchester and really don't know what all the fuss is about. Then again,
certainly in the aviation heritage world, concord has been rammed down
your throat for far too long.  I much prefer the old 1950's birds myself.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk