[simpits-tech] board mystery...

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 4 07:13:32 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy James Boldt" <timothyboldt at comcast.net>
To: "'Simulator Cockpit Builder's List'" <simpits-tech at simpits.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] board mystery...

> The first one is a USB to general purpose digital I/O bridge, for
> interfacing to switches, LEDs, and other hardware.
> Here: http://www.devasys.com/usbi2cio.htm
>
> The 2nd pic is a Photon GPS add-on board. IFS is now defunct and without
> the main Photon board to connect it to, you may be out of luck. They
> were interfaces made for (and about the time of) FS2004, using
> FSCockpit.
>
> As for the last one, ????
> Although, it does use a Hagstrom chip. Maybe they could help out?
> Here: http://www.hagstromelectronics.com/index.html
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim,

These were all included in a package of stuff I purchased. Hagstrom was
unable to help aside from identifying the chip.

Since IFS has gone South, I guess that's why I couldn't find any info on the
Photon board. The monitor on the "530" has a direct rca jack in, so the
possibility exists to run the Local Map on that. I suppose I could wire the
switches on it to the I/O bridge or the plasma card I have here as well.
(also now defunct) I was hoping to get a bit more documentation on them,
unfortunately I didn't.

Perhaps I'l hunt around for the main Photon board if one still exists tucked
away in a shoebox  somewhere. But your note suggests it likely won't work
with X-Plane anyway?

Thanks again,

Rick