[simpits-tech] FSX

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Dec 28 13:22:39 PST 2009

> Gene, if my memory serves me correctly, your building projectors from flat
> screen kits and OHP's right?

Not any longer.  It turns out that the only affordable LCD panels with no
FFC issues are far too large to live on the 10" stage size of an overhead
projector.  I'm going to be building my projectors from surplus Dell 15"
LCD panels and a hardware kit sold by diyprojectorkits.com:
http://diyprojectorkits.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id

> In that case do what i did - don't be looking at a new digital TH2G - Get on
> e-bay and pick up an analogue one for $200. I got mine for £90 last year and
> its brilliant.

I actually bought a standard TH2G in early 2007 in anticipation of need

> Just an idea, i just hate this "ripoff" mentality that  a lot of FS hardware
> companies like Matrox have.

The Matrox hardware is a good value for the price considering what it
does.