[simpits-tech] How do I create a selective start....

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Aug 7 06:30:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, TerryM wrote:

> SeanG
>
> I'm not a programmer so I can't help you but I think you have a fantastic
> idea and hope that there is a programmer among us who will take this project
> und their 'wing'.  ;-)    It would be extra nice if the USB dongle you speak
> of would also limit the processes the computer booted with to only those
> needed to run the particular program, thus increasing performance, but
> without the dongle your computer would run normal.

I suspect that Sean has a computer dedicated to the task so he can strip
down all the crap by hand if he needs to eke out every last cycle from the
machine.

If you're curious, here is a good article on stripping down Windows XP to
the bare essentials:

http://lifehacker.com/374376/trim-down-windows-to-the-bare-essentials