[simpits-tech] DONE!

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Apr 30 08:47:15 PDT 2009

>>> 4x4's are hard enough to come by these days - but a 12x12 ??   Boggle !!
>>
>> 12x12's would make a great catapult frame though. :)
>

> oh god... here he goes...  expect plans soon folks.

Nah.  Gotta get the F-15 done first.

> Incidentally, a 4x2 here in the UK is a very nominal size. It's become a
> name for what you merrycans would think of as framing timber. It's
> certainly smaller than 2"x4".

That's not surprising.  I think a 2x4 here is actually 3.5x1.5.

> The same is true with sheets of plywood. Although the field sizes might be
> about right (8'x4' for example) the thickness is never too accurate. I
> seem to recall vendors of router bits supplying odd sized cutters for
> making rebates to take plywood.

I'm not parsing "rebates to take plywood".  Can you retry in American
English instead of English English? :)

> One day - I'll do some woodwork again...  one day ...

Good for you.  The woodshop finally has all the walls up thanks to Rob.
Not long now before we'll be able to move all the sawdust generators out
of the shop.

> Looks like I'm getting a Typhoon cockpit to play with soon so my
> days/nights/weekends are going to be sim filled for a while.

Cool.  You know the mantra, "Pics! Pics!" :)

OpenQM - A Multi-Value database for the masses, not the classes.
http://gpl.openqm.com - Get it _today_!