[simpits-tech] gaming computer...

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:03:00 PDT 2008

Bill Segal wrote

That is a excellent reason why many of us switched to XP . I had an Opteron
Workstation dual core dual processors dual 7800GTX 512meg
It flew X-plane with every feature to the limit and still produced frame
rates above 120 but in FS X with 16 gigs of ram it was a pile of bones .
I am sorry and you spent all that money and it still wants more.

In my opinion in order to fly FS X balls out your going to need dual 4 core
Quads + 790I type motherboard and the only one out there is a Tyan
$600. 4 each 280 1gig cards and 16 gigs or maybe $6000 of machine +1350 watt
redundant power supply add it all up its like a giant workstation

Regards

William Segal

10th Year in X-plane