[simpits-tech] gaming computer...

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 15:58:22 PDT 2008

I purchased a nForce680i SLI mother board with a q6700 quad 2.66 ghz CPU and for gigs of SLI RAM to use with my 8800 Ultra video card that I already had.

The result.. with FS9 it no longer lets me undock windows making the system useless with my simulator. The main view only works properly in fullscreen mode. Put it in a window mode and you can hear it flying but the visuals are frozen.  I do average 40 FPS with the slider all the way up on all the options flying around KLAX.. It looks outstanding but I need to undock extra views. FSX still gets horrible frame rates. very disappointing. this system should be smoking!

when I installed all the patches for X it said my video card was not a new enough model and couldnt handle the shaders. X then closes.

All of this with a clean install of of Vista Home 32 bit

A puzzled Justin

 The Airshow Legends Exhibit
        Featuring the Thunderbirds & Blue Angels

     See the world's only Authentic Blue Angel Flight Simulator here...