[simpits-tech] windscreen frame...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Oct 29 08:34:03 PDT 2008

I spent some time last night working on a windscreen for the cockpit
plans.

http://www.simpits.org/~geneb/windscreen_test.jpg

The form of the windscreen isn't final and all the components for it are
not present.

It's current position makes it flush with the existing canopy rails.

This would result in the instrument panel being pushed 10" forward of its
current location, making it unreachable without leaning pretty far
forward.

There are two ways to handle this - the first is to just leave it alone
and not have a windscreen or articulated canopy.

The second option is to move the windscreen frame aft to it's "proper"
position.  This would reduce the cockpit opening length from 35" to about
27.

The question I have for you guys - would you rather have a windscreen &
articulated canopy or a huge hole to hop in & out of?