[simpits-tech] USB Interfacing.

Alan D. Mazurka adm.design at verizon.net
Tue Oct 28 10:59:36 PDT 2008

Hi, Roy.

1. have you considered something like talking to a serial port that
converts to USB? buy something like a serial-to-USB cable, keep the
USB end untouched, and take the serial side of the cable apart.
connect 1 pin output from the PIC to the data line. you'll talk to it
via a virtual SIO port.

2, i had a USB I/O controller that gave me 24 bits to play with. you
could write to any of the 24 bits, then read them over USB via a
virtual SIO port. sounds like overkill in your situation.

3. someone _must_ have finessed the PIC -> USB connection already. it
seems like such a common problem.

i wouldn't try to build an actual USB interface myself. lots of folks
have cracked that nut inexpensively.

  - adm -

At 01:17 PM 10/28/2008, you wrote:

>Has anyone got any experience/knowledge of working with USB?  I'm looking
>at building a pic project and would like to talk to it via a USB port.

Alan D.
Mazurka
adm.design at verizon.net