[simpits-tech] Using pots for position sensing

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 10 08:33:56 PDT 2008

Roy,

The PFC consol I have here re-working for Bill uses what I would call linear
pots for the throttles. They are actuated with an aluminium shaft which has
a spring loaded affair inside. The back of the throttle control is a very
simple cam which pushes the shaft in. Very simple and robust design. Maybe
you have used these and are aware of them, but I'll send you a couple of
pics off list in any case.

I'm in the midst of pouring concrete at the moment but will try to get them
off later today.

Rick