[simpits-tech] Beta Innovations...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Oct 6 07:08:33 PDT 2008

> On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> ...has closed permanently.  There will be no more hardware from them.
>>

> Argh!  wtf ?

Yeah, pretty much was my reaction although there were some significant
four letter observations involved.

Shit happens, life goes on.

I'm going to be adding support for Manuel's PHCC hardware.  It's a pretty
good GPL'd design (end to end, from the boards on).  It uses a serial
interface that doesn't require an SDK like the Beta Innovations hardware
did.  I may even take a hard look at the Phidgets stuff again if money
permits.

The CIM project is just too promising of an interface platform for me to
let it die on the vine.  I was working on the docs for the beta release
when Leo pulled the plug on his business.