[simpits-tech] Construction dilemma...

Rick Davis rd at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 20 13:14:33 PST 2008

Guys,

Don't mean to jump in, but I've glanced at this stream a few times.

RE Plywood:

I don't know if this is any benefit to you or not, or if you're aware of it,
but there is a product called  Bendi-Ply (the UK name - can't remember what
they call it in N.A.) but it's easily available and not totally out of sight
price wise. You can buy it so it bends the short way or the long way. I've
used it making molds in the fibreglass industry and you can produce a circle
with it less than a foot in diameter without it cracking. I used 1/4" but I
think it comes in different thicknesses than that as well. Primarily used
for trimming out archways and for curved counter treatments.

If you're talking about steaming plywood for skins, this is the answer.

Rick