[simpits-tech] 747-200 CABIN

William Segal catalina299 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:42:28 PST 2008

If your looking for a real cockpit of a commercial there is an outfit in
West Texas .I think he is about 100 miles East of El Paso. I talked to him
once on the phone unfortuneatlyI lost his phone number. He is an aircraft
ripper he buys damaged planes including heavies and sells them but all my
data was lost . Tell you what you could do  find all the salvagers there is
a list of them floating around BTW I hope you don't live in a city .Most
major cities require an enviornmental impact report before you can bring
those home
and you need to make it is sans asbestos and anything that could be
considered a dangerous chemical . Your talking about an investment off the
top of $50,000 to $100,000
for a full cockpit usually (the one I looked at was 13feet wide and the only
way to get it shipped was by truck as a ultra wide load)require 10$ per mile
including the truck and the
authorization for the wide load . I gave up . I could of sold my first born.
If you live in Australia probably get it for free .The one I was interested
in was DC-10 BTW that was 9 years ago.

Cheers

Bill

I owned some land in Mojave back then and I thought they'd just drop it
there unfortuneatly that is LA county bad news