[simpits-tech] Standard aviation guage sizes for a Cessna 172?

Freeman Pascal pascal at pascal.org
Wed May 14 19:32:19 PDT 2008

Does anyone know what the gauge sizes are for a Cessna 172?  I assume
they are the same for all variations of the 172 - I could be wrong.

I'm looking for the inside diameter of the holes on the instrument
panel used to house the standard gauges and engine gauges.  My cessna
drawing shows 79mm for the larger gauges and 56.74mm for the engine
gauges.

If I can confirm these I can let Gene have my drawings to cut out my
panel (*drool*).

-Freeman