[simpits-tech] Am I the only one with this pot issue??? (you know what I mean!)

Joseph Fagner crease-guard at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 17 12:03:11 PDT 2008

>  It doesnt seem to matter what board I use, the first 4 pots are easy to
> set up, add any more I have crazy issues. On the EPIC it showed that all
> of the pots were sending signal to EPIC and that EPIC was sending a
> signal to the pc, even the game port controller showed every thing was
> fine. But then in FS9 and in FSUIPC it showed that 2 of the pots were
> not there.  That left me with no tiller or left toe brake.

>  On the Plasma 2 I hooked 2 pots for stick axis and 2 for throttles,
> work great! add a 5th pot for rudderpedals and the left throttle starts
> running the right throttle! err!!!!  has anyone else noticed that just
> running 4 pots on a board seems to be less hassle and to be more
> dependable? Ive had the same issue with other boards too. Or is it just
> me?

Justin, that looks to me like more of a software issue than a hardware
problem.  If you're seeing the axes correctly in the joystick
"calibration" screen in windows, then you're likely looking at some kind
of failure or configuration problem in FSUIPC/FS

g.

I have to agree with g. on this one.  If you are using different hardware
and the SAME problem keeps occurring, it's not the hardware.  That's a
software issue.  Either windows is porked or you FS software is.

Jay