[simpits-tech] Platform

Jim and Liz sjimc at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 16 16:33:40 PDT 2008

Yea, I agree ,, big undertaking though ,, 3 axis's at 360 degrees.
What I found out though was, by the time I have quarter built it, available technology had moved on and this would have made it easier. :-(
The safety side of things would be a nightmare if you were to "rent" it out though. The mind boggle at that one.
Thousands of beurocrats waiting to jump !!!

 Jim NZ

  No your not the only nut into motion. 8 ) I still (in my spare time) work on drawings to do a full 3 axis continuous 360 degree cockpit.

  With today's tech at hand it can be done. Just make sure you display lot's of signs to warn people to stay seated in the sim till it stops. not too mention rig up an emergency stop bar that doesn't put the passenger in danger of being pinched. not to mention probably 12 other similiar safety features.

  !