[simpits-tech] General ino and a Question for GeneB

KD chevello at rcn.com
Mon Jun 2 18:47:43 PDT 2008

So I was looking over the F-15 sim page and (December 27 was the last
update? DUDE!) really like what I saw with the lightplate. Nice job Gene!

For general info, and not to bust on Gene at all, (that panel is awesome
looking) the panel label (the vertical lettering on the panel on the
F15sim site that says FUEL) is not lighted. That part of the lettering
on all the panels that I have run into are screen printed on the
surface, and so don't backlight. It may not make any difference if you
are making panels for your sim and do them all the same, but if you are
mixing real and homebuilt ones then it might make a difference there.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to detract form the work Gene or anyone
else is doing, I just had a bit of info that I thought I would share.
BTW, both F-15s I have done have that lettering backlit so, I'm not
perfect either. :)

I also noticed that Gene mentioned an MS document that he has that is
hard to read. There is a website that I use frequently that has all of
them on there for perusal (unrestricted access ones anyways). Here is a
link. Most of the military stuff that we tend to use is listed as
inactive, but it was active at the time our stuff got built, so it would
still be valid for the most part. Ah, the link:
http://assist.daps.dla.mil/online/start/
Just go to Quick Start and enter iether the MS, MIL-C or document
number, and if it is there it will come up. There is also a text search
if you don't know the MS number of the document. There is a ton of info
there, so don't get lost in the reading and forget to work on your sim. :)

Gene, do you have your own laser machine? If so, which one and why did
you pick that one? I'm thinking about getting into oneas well as a 3D
printer.

So there you go.