[simpits-tech] Simkits

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 15:51:29 PST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Justin Messenger wrote:

> If you get it and use it with a fighter sim let me
> know if it keeps up with the plane in a rapid altitude
> change. Their CCU2 altimeter doesnt come close to
> keeping up with a fighter and so have been thinking
> about trying flight illusion's altimeter to see if it
> is faster. Flight Illusions attitude indicator is much
> faster than SimKits.
>
> As far as prices go, they no longer have the cheap
> gauges kits for the multi controller that I planned to
> use in my DC-8. As I recall some of those were only
> about 30 bucks before being discontinued.

I bought (and built) their attitude indicator, altimeter and gyro compass
for use with servo drivers from phidgets (before that all went tits up)
but never got around to using them.

I'm open to offers if they're of use to someone, you'll probably need to
rebuild them now though !

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.