[simpits-tech] Simkits

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 13:34:53 PST 2008

If you get it and use it with a fighter sim let me
know if it keeps up with the plane in a rapid altitude
change. Their CCU2 altimeter doesnt come close to
keeping up with a fighter and so have been thinking
about trying flight illusion's altimeter to see if it
is faster. Flight Illusions attitude indicator is much
faster than SimKits.

As far as prices go, they no longer have the cheap
gauges kits for the multi controller that I planned to
use in my DC-8. As I recall some of those were only
about 30 bucks before being discontinued.

Justin
Well I never thought I'd see the day.. etc etc..

A little while back, we had a discussion on this very
list of things
you would love for your sim but were not readily
available.  During
this discussion I piped up with my wish for a USB
stand-alone
altimeter, as that was the only gauge I hadn't worked
out how to
 make....
Well... Simkits have released *exactly* that, a USB,
stand-alone
Altimeter.  Yessir, while browsing their website (on
my pda while
perched on the can... but that's a WHOLE different
story!, pass the
mental bleach etc) I found the newest batch of their
USB gauge
family,
http://www.simkits.com/product.php?prodid=966

Much rejoicing ensued :)