[simpits-tech] USB Sound cards

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Dec 11 12:03:30 PST 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, William Segal wrote:

> unfortuneatly that supports only 5.1 which hit the streets way back 2004
> the preffered system today is 7.1 . I had 5.1 in my Supermicro the
> support for it was not very good.

The device only has two connectors and unless they're both outputs it does
NOT support 5.1.  The 5.1 designation (to me anyway) means that it
supports fore/aft left & right channels (4 speakers) and a center speaker
or subwoofer.  You can't do that with a single stereo plug.

It states "enjoy the virtual 5.1 channel sound track" which boils down to
marketing puffery.

I think it would be quite useful to have to offload the voice comms on to,
but I would'nt depend on it to deliver the same kind of performance like
nearly any Creative Labs product.