[simpits-tech] Using Pots for position sensing (part 2)

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Sun Dec 7 15:20:10 PST 2008

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Rick Davis wrote:

> I'll have to admit Roy, when I first saw it, I thought it was some new
> assortment of toys for the garden.
> Then I thought ... who in the hell could afford that? Then I saw the eyes
> going up and down on the little whatchmacallit guy.
>
> Is there any animation in this, or is it all electronic/robotic? And are you
> working on this? Putting all the jokes aside, it really is sort of cutting
> edge cartoon wise don't you think?

It's a mix of people in suits and some clever cgi.  I have nothing to do
with it !!

> Remember the old Stingray show with the
> puppets, where you could actually see the strings! "Mareeena, mareeeena."
>
> I'm dating myself.

Ah... the lovely Marina... ooooh....  I remember her well!

Try these!  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E06cNv55jTs
and http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CkJjWgjtVlE

Remember others like Fireball XL5, Thunderbirds and Joe 90 ?   Ah, happy
days!!

Roy. Founder member - the old farts club!

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.
E-Mail: r.coates at liv.ac.uk