[simpits-tech] big changes...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Dec 4 06:57:12 PST 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Roy Coates wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
>> Ok, I finally got the simpits webserver upgrade.  Jumping from Fedora Core
>> 4 to Fedora Core 9 isn't for the faint of heart.
>
> cou*ubuntu*gh.

I tried it once - nice desktop setup.  Because I don't use X Window at
all, the distribution really donsn't matter as long as the core tools are
good.  The "yum" application installer/maintainer is a very good tool.
I don't know if Ubuntu uses that as well...

>> I've also changed the main website.  Please surf over to
>> http://www.simpits.org and read the front page.  I'm hoping you folks will
>> be pleased.
>
> I suppose you've now dragged us screaming and kicking into the 19th
> century. A neat idea though - guess it'll force us to actually DO
> something!

Thanks.  It got to the point where I needed to either hit the power switch
for good or do something with it.  Since I just don't have the time to
provide content to the site, this was the best solution I could find.

I'm just hoping I get more than one taker. :)  *waves at Sean*