[simpits-tech] Visuals questions...

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 2 23:58:53 PDT 2007

>I'm using a triplehead for my front view and a dualhead for each side view
>- requiring 3 PC's.  Not likely to go the fresnel route on this job, what
>we've got so far works ok for us.  Initial setup is here:
>http://www.flightlab.liv.ac.uk/~roy/triplehead/

Wow, that's pretty cool :)

>I use a dual-head video card (soon to be replaced with a matrox dualhead)
>for the J41 sim and that works ok too - I did remove the LCD's from their
>caes to reduce the gap between them as much as possible.
>As seen here: http://www.jetstream-club.org/cockpit.jpg

I am looking for a bigger perceived view, hence the thoughts towards
fresnel lenses to make that happen.  I was also thinking TH2GO +
folded mirrors + rear projection to get the image up close, so bigger
perception, but really don't know.
At this stage the sim doesn't have a home, so I really don't know
what space I'm going to have available.

Ta

SeanG