[simpits-tech] windows question

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 12:36:44 PDT 2007

Sean,
I plan to run fsx and Falcon AF.  I tried downlding
the FSX patch and it really screwed up my computer. It
shut FSX down and it wont reinstall. Im planning on
fromating my harddrive and starting over which bites
'cause everything is a new install as it is.

If x runs better under vista  I  might try that, with
4 gigs of ram I still could not turn up much of the
goodies in x.

Thx,
Justin

Gidday Justin,
We did some testing at work using different
cominations of XP and
Vista, FS9 and FSX on a dual-core machine.
(Admittedly the machine was Intel, not AMD)
We found that the Vista/FSX combo worked really really
well, and with
the latest patches FSX does take advantage of
multi-core
processors.  The increase in performance of FSX under
Vista, over XP
Pro was staggering, I honestly didn't believe the
difference!

Hope that helps :)

SeanG