[simpits-tech] I need your knowledge

Davide . strale_64 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 02:54:09 PST 2007

Dude,
that's a strange behavior but i'm not sure it's due to the graphic's card !
I had the same troubles running LOMAC on a GeForce 6800 GTULTRA card !!!!
I solved that issue downscaling the resolution before playing and then increasing again.

My problems were rising up Only wne flying on-line with other guys ... nothing strange in oFF-Line flights.

In my case even upgrading the board's drivers lead to anything better.

Probably it's a RANDOM behavior due to the overall configurations of the computer ! You shall not experience any trouble
with other sims like FS, FSX and F4 (AD/OF)

Hope it helps !

From: urhistory at peoplepc.comTo: simpits-tech at simpits.orgDate: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:52:47 -0500Subject: [simpits-tech] I need your knowledge

Gene I just bought a referbed IBM P-4 2.8Ghz with Intel
Extreme graphics. DX8.1 xp-sp1.
I wanted it for an interem computer awaiting fighterops release.
I installed lomac but graphically it does not display right.
Most of the picture is blacked out like I layed random pieces
of black construction paper over the screen.
I am guessing that this is because the Intel Graphics is not
3d?; and lomac specs a 3d card.

If so can you recommend a good card that wont cause problems?

Would this be a pci card?

Would I just install card and drivers and not have to do
anything with existing video?
Be happy to pay ya.
Chuck Morford

P.S. when I get this A-10 pit done I am going to write a how
to book(my way). But I want to include you and your pit in it
since this site really got me moving.. BTW I have bought
stuff from BP Surplus. Expensive if you can find what you
want. Have to skip that 500.00 panel.