[simpits-tech] building an FSX machine

Ido Dekkers idekkers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:13:08 PST 2007

OK,

if money is no object:
CPU: the new 45nm Intel quad core
Board: Asus (or gigabyte or Abit) with either an X38 motherboard (If
you want to run 2 ATI display cards), or nVidia 680 board (if you want
to run a dual nvidia display cards)
Menmory: 4GB of high speed(preferably 1066Mhz and above) low
latency(4-4-4-12) DDR2
(DDR3 is the way to go but too expensive now)
Display card/s : 1 or 2 DX10 cards - either from nVidia or ATI - do
mind ATI will have a new lineup of card by the biggining of December
and they will be DX10.1.
what that means for you is lower prices on the current crop of card.

if you can manage with 160GB of disk space - get the WD1600AAJS, it's
the third fastest drive available today and dirt cheap. if you have
too much money - get the WD raptor with 10K rpm.

and don't forget a good power supply - the stability of the system
depends on it!!!!
don't get one with less then 600W, and if it's less then 80$ - it's
probably crap.

this was the expensive machine, if the budget is lower -
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo (get the new 45nm ones - faster)
and only 2GB of memory

Ido

On Nov 8, 2007 8:40 PM, Justin Messenger <jjmessenger at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey guys, next month we are headed to the Reagan
> Library to make their 707 Air Forc
e One sim functional