[simpits-tech] Simkits ADI/ Altimeter

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 18 21:14:26 PDT 2007

At 12:14 p.m. 19/05/2007, you wrote:
>I wouldnt use SiMkits ADI/ Altimeter for an A-4.
>Altimeter runs too slow to keep with rapid altitude
>changes and the ADI will not bank or roll 360 and
>cannot keep up with rapid attitude changes. They work
>fantastic in my DC-8 though.
>
>I plan to pruchase Flight Illusion's ADI and Altimeter
>to see how they work, their ADI at least rolls 360.

I have experimented with an ADI driven by the simkits
MultiController, and though it doesn't do a 360, with the right
servos is can move pretty quick. I was actually quite impressed by
how well it worked.

I'm not however, going to use one in the A-4, I have such space
constraints that I have ended up going with the 'ole "software ADI on
the LCD screen" approach.  I ran out of space to squeeze all the
displays into the main panel, so I have opted to go with bigger
(cheaper) displays and give up the physical ADI :(

I will take a peek at the Flight Illusions Altimeter though.

SeanG