[simpits-tech] Simkits ADI/ Altimeter

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 17:14:35 PDT 2007

I wouldnt use SiMkits ADI/ Altimeter for an A-4.
Altimeter runs too slow to keep with rapid altitude
changes and the ADI will not bank or roll 360 and
cannot keep up with rapid attitude changes. They work
fantastic in my DC-8 though.

I plan to pruchase Flight Illusion's ADI and Altimeter
to see how they work, their ADI at least rolls 360.

Justin

> > For my A-4 'pit I am still looking for a
reasonably priced, plug
and
> > pray altimeter... I have the rest of the gauges
and interfacing
> > sorted, the altimeter is the only thing I can't
figure how to drive
> > easily and cheaply....
> >
> Sean, have you checked out the Simkits altimeters?
>

>Yeah, but that would mean buying the CCU, which I
>can't justify for the
>one
>gauge.  I am hanging out for them to do a
stand->alone USB version.....

>SeanG

 Aviation Videos
        http://HeritageAviationVideos.fly.to/