[simpits-tech] Breathing Air was Re: Cockpit builders quote....

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Sun Mar 25 17:43:09 PDT 2007

Hello to the Gang

The problem with filters, is when do you change them??????

I purchased a new 2216 PSI Scott Air-PAK Aluminum bottle from Ebay.
The seller a Fire department that was converting to a higher pressure
and this bottle had not been in service. (Watch out for bottles that
have a fixed (in years) service life) The bottle I purchased has a
current hydrostatic test date.

Our local volunteer Fire Department offered to send my bottle in when
it needs it's next pressure test.

I also purchased a 2 stage regulator, and a 2500 PSI pressure
transducer with a 0 to 5 VDC output.
The transducer dc output will drive the 737's Crew Oxy pressure
Indicator. This will allow the bottle pressure to be monitored on the
aft overhead panel just like the real aircraft

The local medical supply has breathing air hose, and I will plumb the
two Quick dawn masks so the head band will inflate and breathing air
will be available to the mask.

The bottle can be filled at a medical or industrial gas supply
company. The local industrial gas supply company only sells "Medical"
grade of breathing air.

I don't have a price on the cost of filling, because I just have a
box of parts LOL

David
www.737FlightSim.com