[simpits-tech] Beta Innovations Nitro Analog board

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Sat Jun 2 09:45:45 PDT 2007

Hi Jay
I converted the real instruments in "Analog.JPG" to 0 to 5vdc operation.

There are Synchro driven instruments in the 737 and they will be
converted to air core with the second Nitro board.

The main reason I wanted to use the real instruments is the fact of
how they respond when the aircraft is powered or when aircraft power
is removed.

With Synchro driven instruments they tend to remain at the position
when power is removed (provided the pointer is balanced) while the
other styles of instruments drop to the bottom of the scale when
power is removed (spring meter movement). All of the instruments in
"Analog.JPG" drop to the bottom of the scale or center, when power is
removed. So when you bring a power bus on line the instruments
respond properly (AKA anal-retentive 737 sim builder)

A true servo motor with position feedback (like a RC Servo) would be
the best match to replace the Synchro in a Synchro driven instruments
because it can position the motor shaft on power up and the shaft
stays in last commanded position when powered down.

It would be nice to have a choice of air core Boards or RC Servo
boards the directly plug into the Nitro board.

David
www.737FlightSim.com