[simpits-tech] Greets From Tucson

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jan 30 14:27:11 PST 2007

> The move went well, and the mini-mobile home I bought is nearing completion
> of phase I remodeling.  Job hunting took longer than I wanted, but I didn't
> end up on a street corner in the process.  Did a temp stint at a place
> called Evergreen Aviation which was way cool and a more permanent tour of
> duty working for a payroll company, which was decidedly not.  Fate
> precipitated a most nifty exhibits tech position at the Pima Air and Space
> Museum.

Hey, it beats bashing your head against cranky old servers AOL used to
cook on.  Symbolics or S-somthingorother.  The mind fades. :)

> This week I start welding the frame of my first flight simulator for 'em.
> The collection of cool aircraft I've planted my tush in over the past 6
> months still boggles my tiny little mind.

Do tell!

> The really big Big E is still pending the completion of a workshop in my
> shed.  Needum lots of space for that beast.  I saw one partially finished
> about two years ago in Louisville at the annual "Wonderfest."  This project
> remains firmly on my to do list!

Well get on it! :)

> kinda pit.  It has to fit in rather limited space, so unfortunately I will
> not be bugging the guys at AMARC for a dead jet.

You've got it backwards. You beg 'em for a dead jet and then you've got
the perfect excuse to build something to house it in. :)

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"