[simpits-tech] Greets From Tucson

Steve Wilson steve at virchitecture.com
Mon Jan 29 19:09:36 PST 2007

Heh -

Yah, home is the sailor, etc.  Nice to be back, Gene.  ;-)

The move went well, and the mini-mobile home I bought is nearing completion
of phase I remodeling.  Job hunting took longer than I wanted, but I didn't
end up on a street corner in the process.  Did a temp stint at a place
called Evergreen Aviation which was way cool and a more permanent tour of
duty working for a payroll company, which was decidedly not.  Fate
precipitated a most nifty exhibits tech position at the Pima Air and Space
Museum.

This week I start welding the frame of my first flight simulator for 'em.
The collection of cool aircraft I've planted my tush in over the past 6
months still boggles my tiny little mind.

The really big Big E is still pending the completion of a workshop in my
shed.  Needum lots of space for that beast.  I saw one partially finished
about two years ago in Louisville at the annual "Wonderfest."  This project
remains firmly on my to do list!

However, now that I have the run of the museum's woodshop and myriad
exhibits construction facilities, I have no excuse to not put together some
kinda pit.  It has to fit in rather limited space, so unfortunately I will
not be bugging the guys at AMARC for a dead jet.

And Ido, thanks...... but I'm already over on Viperpits as "Wildcat."  VERY
astute bunch of single faucet sim fans.

Anyway, I'll be sure to chime in 'round simpits-tech too.  Lots to learn,
lots to share.  In fact, I'm makin' a list of stuff I still
need.......again.....   <evil grin>

Cheers!

Steve