[simpits-tech] Web site registeration issue using F16 plane name

Joseph Fagner crease-guard at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 5 00:00:36 PDT 2007

Nice work there g.

  Jay

Gene Buckle <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
  > I am the owner of www.f16simulators.com This past week I was contacted by
> lawyers in Newark for Lockheed Martin asking me to relinquish the domain
> to them or let it expire in a few years without making use of it. They
> sent me 5mb of trade mark registration documents where F16 has been
> registered in many jurisdictions around the world proving ownership in
> the F16 trademark.
>
> Stating that my ownership of a web site that includes F16 in relation to
> a product registered in law is a use of their trademark without their
> permission.

If it was _me_ ( and I'm NOT a lawyer), I'd tell them that since the F-16
was developed at the request of the USAF and was paid for with public
funds, they can go pound sand.

According to this page:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=n6qap2.2.3

"F-16" was not registered by Lockmart until July 12, 2004.
So it took them over 20 years to register a trademark? (The F-16 program
started in 1974)

Your domain was registered in 2003, prior to the registration of their
trademark. If you have the time, I'd fight this as hard as you can.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"

To unsubscribe, please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page. Thanks!