[simpits-tech] Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 44, Issue 9

Brian Sikkema bjsikkem at gimail.af.mil
Wed Apr 25 17:15:06 PDT 2007

That is nothing short of brilliant! Never heard of
such an approach, but it sounds like it would work great!

Digest, Vol 44, Issue 9

What I have been experimenting with on my pit is a 3
channel color organ (you may remeber those from the
70s - still available in kit form).  I have 3 AC
motors with an offset weight attached to the shaft
(one for each frequency range) and the motors are
bolted at strategic locations on the pit.  By varying
the frequency range, sensitivity and the amount of
weight I can get various motors to start up and
provide vibration that adds to the realism. My pit is
only a single seat fighter so perhaps the effect is
greater.
  Anybody else tried this sort of approach ?

  Kevin

  Irresponsibility-No single raindrop believes that
it is responsible for the flood.