[simpits-tech] Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 44, Issue 9

K :) kev1n1956 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 15:37:36 PDT 2007

What I have been experimenting with on my pit is a 3 channel color organ (you may remeber those from the 70s - still available in kit form).  I have 3 AC motors with an offset weight attached to the shaft (one for each frequency range) and the motors are bolted at strategic locations on the pit.  By varying the frequency range, sensitivity and the amount of weight I can get various motors to start up and provide vibration that adds to the realism. My pit is only a single seat fighter so perhaps the effect is greater.
  Anybody else tried this sort of approach ?

  Kevin

  Irresponsibility-No single raindrop believes that it is responsible for the flood.