[simpits-tech] Re: trim wheels

Gwyn Perrett gwyn at aapt.net.au
Wed Sep 27 16:17:05 PDT 2006

Hi Justin,

On both of my yokes there are double pole rocker switches wired in parallel
as the sim is a true dual seat set up. I've recently removed the drill motor
and installed my Sim-Boards in that space under the radio box. I'll refit
the motor under the throttle later on. My trim wheels are linked through a
reduction gearbox to a 10k pot assigned to FS trim. It appears to conflict a
little with FS pitch and hasn't worked as good as expected so the new plan
is -
One side of the DP rocker switch now activates FS trim, (working great), and
I will use the other side of the rocker switch with a couple of relays to
make the trim wheels spin as a gimmick. I'll disconnect the pot as manual
trim is not really essential.

SIMBOARDS ROCK! see www.flightdecktechnology.com

Regards Gwyn