[simpits-tech] Re: Simpits-tech Digest, Vol 37, Issue 23

KD chevello at rcn.com
Tue Sep 26 22:14:23 PDT 2006

Yeah, OK, Not new, but I've been hanging around a while so I figure I'll
uh, "sing out" if you guys really want to hear it :)

I'm KeithD and I am the cockpit design guy at one of those places that
builds "real" sims near Philly. Right now I am just finishing up a
low-fidelity F-15, and have a couple of other interesting bits coming up.
In between designing these godforsaken things for a living, and family
time, I'm a prop-sim flyer (IL-2:FB) and have been trying to scare up
enough time to put together an Akers-Barnes setup out in the garage. IL2
has something called devicelink built in for getting the flight data out
to instrument displays, but it mainly only works offline. A bit pointless,
but I'll still fiddle, 'cause I'm a fiddlin kinda fella.
For a while I was into racing sims, but no Z-axis movement and 500 extra
variables were driving me nuts so I am getting back into virtual flight.
And you don't get to shoot your competitors in GTR.

I like to hang out and keep an eye on you guys to see just what the guys
who are really free to brainstorm and invent are coming up with for sim
hardware. You guys build some nice stuff.

Next week I get to go to NASA Langley to check out a 757 simulator. I
might even get to give it a fly (please?? no, really Puh-LEEEEAAAASE???)

Good luck getting the shop finished Gene, the Eagle beckons. I can hear
the call all the way out here.

So there you have it. Now lets see what the rest of the new guys have to
sing.